Thursday, April 9, 2009

The difference between a retraction and a rephrasing.

So I know I've said I have revising to do, and I haven't done it yet. But here's the gist of what's going to happen later tonight.
  1. I was pretty cruel and mean spirited towards Bell and McLaren. I'm supposed to speak the truth in love. I regret that the first post I made about it was pretty mean.
  2. That being said, I'm not sorry for what I said. I'm sorry for the way I said it.
I'm continuing my research into the topic of the emerging church and its doctrine, and a book I was reading today really caught my attention with the way it disagreed with emergent doctrine but did so in a manner that was not mean. I saw in myself immediately that the way I said what I did was wrong. So I guess consider this a formal apology for my tone. Sometimes I get all riled up and stuff and don't really think about the overbearing, cruel way I come across. The Word of God is a sword in and of itself; I don't need to add cutting words from myself to the mix. The authority of scripture is enough for reproof, rebuke, and correction.

No comments: